Waste Water Evaporators
Reducing your metal finishing waste effluents can be time consuming, hazardous, and expensive. Implementing a waste water evaporator can cut your hazardous waste disposal costs by as much as 90%. Evaporators do not eliminate waste but rather concentrate non-VOC water based effluents into a slurry form. The slurry is then cleaned out and disposed of as you normally would. Depending on the effluent and evaporator model, waste water evaporation can typically cost 25-50 cents per gallon.
Finishing and Cleaning Equipment manufactures waste water evaporators in a variety of sizes and capacities. We offer standard "off the shelf" configurations, or we can design custom systems to meet larger process requirements.
Standard units include:
- Natural Gas, Propane, or Electric Heat
- Carbon steel, 316L Stainless steel, or Hastelloy construction
- 4 -14 GPH evaporation capacities (electric)
- 12 - 55 GPH evaporation capacities (gas)
- Over temperature and low liquid level shutdowns
- Open man ways and V shaped bottoms for easy clean out
- Automatic fill systems (suitable for sumps, pits, or external holding vessels)
- Polypropylene holding tanks; vertical or horizontal configuration
- Digital pH monitoring
- Automatic pH buffering systems for neutralization before evaporation
- Exhaust fume scrubbers